Thor Ragnarok - Marvel's reply to Justice league


Before I begin, I'd like to say that I've never been a huge fan of Thor, for that matter the only reason I respect or like these characters is because Marvel has done a fine job in setting up their movie universe until now. The only characters I know are spiderman and hulk, besides that my knowledge is limited to what I've seen in the MCU. There wasn't anything great about the first two Thor movies so they had to come up with something awesome to get us excited for the third one and boy they did it in style.




When they released pictures of Thor with short hair without his mjolnir, we all speculated that he had done something which made him unworthy of it. But we know now that Hela, played by Cate Blanchett has turned it to dust when Thor tries to get rid of her with that. Talking about Cate Blanchett (Hela), I've always been a big fan of her work and she looks gorgeous in the trailer. She looks like the answer Marvel is giving us for criticizing how poor their villains have been. She has an evil smirk and looks like she could be more trouble than we expect. If Marvel manages to fix their villain issue with this, we can all be confident Thanos would be no joke. We also get glimpses of Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie), known for her work in Westworld and our favourite Loki who looks better than he has ever looked.



The end of the trailer is where things go crazy. Thor is finally seen wearing his famous helmet from the comics. We all expected Hulk to show up and that this might have something to do with the 'planet hulk' storyline, but if the tone of the trailer is actually the tone of the whole movie, then shut up and take my money Marvel. We still expect an explanation as to how hulk ended up there and what role Stephen Strange will have, but knowing marvel, they must have already got the story ready in 2010 while making the first thor movie.




Before I end I'd like to mention something I noticed. This trailer feels like Marvel is trying their best to destroy the DCEU right from the trailers and if it brings out the best in both DC and Marvel, then comic book fans all over the world have a lot to look forward to. The trailer reminds me of suicide squad's first awesome trailer released during January 2016 when the whole world was complaining about how revealing Batman V Superman's doomsday trailer was just like how some of us are let down with the poorly edited Spiderman Homecoming trailer. Hereafter I expect all the trailers, both Marvel and DC to be badass, action-packed without giving us any plot details.


Thor Ragnarok comes out in November 2017 just before Justice league and I will be there enjoying the movie more than my popcorn.






Comments

Popular Posts